WAACS is looking for a junior industrial designer. Would you like to join us? Send your motivation, portfolio and CV to email@example.com.
WE ARE WAACS
We help companies and brands to develop new products based on consumer insights. The people that use our products are our inspiration.
WHAT WE DO
We develop and design consumer products including user interfaces and structural packaging. We design medical braces and connected health devices. We design beer bottles and coffee makers. We develop products in plastic, metal, fabric, pixels or any other material or medium that suits best.
WORKING AT WAACS
Founded in 1992, WAACS has an established track record to build on, yet the average age is under 35. We combine the experience of a great history with the ambition of our young talent to contribute to innovations time and time again. We operate from a penthouse studio in the heart of Rotterdam and develop products for brands from all over the world: from Reykjavik to Cape Town, from Redmond to Shanghai.
Are you an industrial designer that enjoys seeing a product design through from start to finish? Is your passion to do research, design, mock-up and CAD model those same products? Are you willing to work towards our goal of nothing less than perfection?
We are looking for an energetic, curious and charismatic personality that infects others with passion for design and that has a sense of humor. At the same time we expect you to have a no-nonsense and hands-on mentality and have the maturity to adapt and work individually as well as with others in a team setting.
- assist our team in creating and realizing new product designs
- translate sketch designs to concept designs in 3D CAD
- visualize designs in computer rendered images
- do design research and make simple sense of complex issues
Your competencies (must-haves):
- bachelor or master degree in industrial design
- excellent skills in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks, Fusion 360)
- excellent computer (surface) modeling and rendering skills
- good sketching and digital visualization skills (Adobe CC)
- good communication skills in English and Dutch
Additional competencies (nice-to-haves):
- knowledge and interest in manufacturing techniques in general and injection molding in particular
- knowledge and interest in soft goods/textile products
Applicants are encouraged to provide a personal motivation, CV and portfolio (PDF file not exceeding 10Mb or link to personal website). Send your application to Eefje Verstraelen, firstname.lastname@example.org before 26 July 2021. The first interviews will be scheduled for week 28 and 29.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes.